International Students

Information about financial resources to help pay for college primarily for students with nonimmigrant visas, as well as permanent residents of the United States.

Scholarship Opportunities

Private Loans

Federal Student Aid

Who is eligible for federal aid?

    • U.S. citizens
    • U.S. nationals, including natives of American Samoa and Swain’s Island
    • U.S. permanent residents with an I-151, I-551 or I-551C alien registration card
    • Eligible non-citizens with an arrival-departure record (I-94) from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services showing one of these following designations
      • Refugee
      • Asylum granted
      • Cuban-Haitian entrant, status pending
      • Conditional entrant (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980)
      • Parolee
    • Citizens of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands and the Republic of Palau may receive Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Work-Study awards.

Who is not eligible for federal student aid?

  • Students who have a notice of approval to apply for permanent residence (I-171 or I-464)
  • Students currently in the United States who have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), are on an F1 or F2 student visa or a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa
  • Students with a G-series visa (pertaining to international organizations)