Health Professional Loan (HPL)
- Fixed 5% interest rate, no interest accrues during school
- Students must be full-time in DDS or PharmD program (not provisional)
- Student must demonstrate financial need according to rules set forth by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Dependent and independent students must provide parental income data and signature on the FAFSA
How to Apply
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students must complete the FAFSA with parental information regardless of if it is required for other federal aid purposes. Students must also utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to link both their tax information and their parent’s.
- Turn in the Health Professional Loan Application to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- For priority consideration, please submit the HPL Application and other documents by the priority deadline indicated on the application. For 2020-2021, the deadline for submission was April 17th.
Repayment begins 12 months following termination of at least half-time enrollment; payments will be made to UMKC